The small nail polish collection I have all reside in a small drawer beside my bed. The bad thing about this is that it takes a long time to find the colour I’m looking for. I have to lift each one up to see if that’s the colour I’m looking for and it’s all just a hassle. So I thought wouldn’t it be great if I could see all the colours I have right there in front of me, so here I am blogging about my recent DIY project.
It really only took about 30-40 minutes, obviously depending on the size of your nail polish collection. For this you need blank, white labels. I found big rectangle labels lying around, I simply used this and cut them to small square pieces. You have to make sure they are small enough to fit on the lid of the nail polish. I recommend getting those circle shaped white stickers, they would be perfect for this and would look a lot neater. After, simply swipe the nail polish colour onto the labels, wait to dry and then stick it onto the lid.
– Use paper to protect the table you’re working on.
– Be prepared for nail polish all over your fingers.
– An alternative to using sticky labels is using paper and putting stick tape on top to attach to the lid. Although this will take longer
There you go, something so simple but will make your life a lot easier.
Want an easier way to show of your memorable photos and easily be reminded of your events or things to do. Or just need some creativeness in your house. Try out this fun project that only takes an hour and is super cheap.
What you need:
Clips (can use anything to hang photos, I used Foldback clips)
Removable Hooks (can use nails or screws)
String, Wool, Ribbon
Decide on your design. I went for the simple zigzag, but there are many you can do.
Place dots with a pencil where you are going to place the hooks. I used removable hooks in case I needed to change anything and I didn’t really want to put holes in my wall.
Place your hooks, nails or screws. With the removable hooks I had, I found that the pads where you put the hooks on were not sticky enough and I figured the hooks would probably fall of if I put something heavy on. Therefore I decided to put some superglue to the hooks to connect them to the pads. This gives a nice strong hold.
Attach the string. On the first hook I circled around the hook a few times, so it wouldn’t slip of. After that I simple circled around the rest of the hooks and made the zigzag pattern I wanted.
– Make sure when you’re putting on the string you make it as tight as possible as the photos will bring the string down, making it looser.
– Leave a tail of string at the end in case you want to change your display around.
– To decorate you might want to put ribbon around your string.
– You can hang photos, memos, notes, invitations and stuff.